Villa Kubu’s Concierge Recommends the Best Beach Cocktail Spots for sundowners in and around Seminyak
In the last five years, Bali has become increasingly popular as a fashionable party destination. It has always been a hit with the bohemian crowd but now as the style and demand of tourism changes so does the Bali scene. And with such a creative genre of bar-owners, the vibe is all about fun, ingenuity and spectacular cocktails.
- Ku De Ta has always been the number one hip bar in the travel guides, and with its recent renovation and new beach side pool it remains one of the better spots to sit, watch the surfers and absorb the general buzz of Seminyak beach life.
- Potato Head is also a favourite with the party crowd and remains in the top five beachside bars, but it’s busy as it’s so popular and if you want a spot by the pool or a seat at the bar make sure you get there early (or better still, get the Kubu Koncierge™ to book for you)
- Next door is the recently opened Alila Seminyak with a chill out bar overlooking the beach, where thirst quenching cocktails are beautifully presented and a good mix of canapés offered from an on site BBQ ensures that guests unwind from sun set to moon rise.
- W Hotel offers the Woobar which gets busy for sundowners with its extensive and creative list of cocktails. This hip bar and music lounge is popular with guests and outsiders who live and breathe the W brand.
- Further down the beach towards Legian is a relaxed group of bars headlined by La Plancha. Beers and food are more affordable; holidaymakers and surfers enjoy Bintang beer and watch the world go by, lounging on colourful bean bags scattered along the beach. This is a relaxed hippy hangout for travellers.
- North up the beach towards Batu Belig, there is glamorous Mozaic Beach Club, which offers fine dining and fine wines. It has a swimming pool and luxurious sun beds to chill and enjoy peace and tranquility. It is situated off the beach but with the same spectacular beach and sea views.
- Then there is newcomer La Laguna from the La Favela family. With its amazing quirky design and an eclectic collection of on site vintage gipsy caravans, this Moroccan styled décor offers great drinks, tapas style snacks and a bar where you feel like you are on the set of a movie.
- And finally even further North towards Tugu there is Old Man’s. THE’ it’ surfer hip hang out, where it really is super-cool just to be seen. The hottest surf bods, coolest chicks and edgiest crowd mix here.
And at the end of the day, when you have sipped your cocktails, enjoyed the tropical sunset, gazed enviously at the surfers riding the waves, there is nothing better than returning to your own beautiful slice of tropical paradise at Villa Kubu in Seminyak. Located at the heart of it all, you can simply hop on a moped and visit all of these recommended bars. And post bar, you can enjoy the peace of your own private pool villa, gaze at the stars, enjoy the pre stocked maxi bar, fabulous room service from the in-house restaurant Oasis Restaurant & Bar, and a feeling of home away from home.