Things To Do
Famed for its palm fringed beaches, stunning tropical scenery, towering volcanoes and evocative temples, there is so much for our guests to see and do in Bali.
Our experienced, highly knowledgeable Kubu Koncierge™ team is available to customise itineraries, give unique insider advice, book tailor-made tours, or simply hire you a scooter so you can get out there and explore the island on your own.
Here are our some of our guests’ favourite activities:
- Relax and rejuvenate at our on-site Spa Venus. We offer enchanting treatments including Balinese Massage, Hot Rock Massage, Lulur Bath Scrub, Reiki and even a Far-infrared Sauna; plus special packages like our Post Flight and the all-day Kubu Komplete™
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner either indoors or alfresco at The Oasis Restaurant & Bar at Villa Kubu, where Indonesian and Western favourites are served all day. And if you’re craving one of the best coffees in town, you’ll be happy to know that we serve both Balinese coffee and Toby’s Estate.
- Immerse yourself in Balinese culture. Ask the Kubu Koncierge™ to check the Hindu calendar and organise one of our guides to accompany you to a colourful local ceremony in a village temple.
- Too relaxed to go out and feel like having a party at ‘home’ with family and friends? Book our private chef for an unforgettable in-villa barbecue, with or without traditional Balinese dancers and a private bar.
- Jump on Villa Kubu’s Ubud to Kintamani Tour and explore Bali’s pulsing cultural heart, renowned as a centre for fine art, dance and music. You’ll also visit the famous Monkey Forest. You can’t help but feel the spirituality, arts and energy emanating from fascinating Ubud. Then drive through the island’s famous rice terraces before enjoying volcano and lake views, finishing off the day with a Balinese coffee and spice market tour.
- Enjoy the magnificent beaches, watersports and views of Bali’s south coast on Villa Kubu’s Uluwatu to Jimbaran Sunset Tour. You can test your skills at surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, jet skiing and parasailing, have fun banana boating, or just take a relaxing dip in the clear blue ocean.
- Afterwards, head to Bali Cultural Park, Padang Beach and Uluwatu Temple for beautiful clifftop sunset views and a dramatic Kecak dance performance, finishing the day with a romantic dinner in Jimbaran Bay.
- Breathtaking sunsets are also a highlight of a visit to Tanah Lot Temple, which can only be reached at low tide, after you’ve explored the temples of Taman Ayun, made a sweet visit to a strawberry farm and gazed at the lush rice terraces on Villa Kubu’s Countryside Tour.
- Use the villa’s complimentary bicycles to explore the scenic beach boardwalk that runs from Seminyak to Legian, and make sure to take a break at one of the atmospheric beach warungs (cafés) for grilled fish, nasi goreng or a freshly blended juice.
- For those who seek luxury beachfront daybeds, spectacular sunsets or a gourmet dinner treat, try Mozaic Beach Club in Seminyak, which puts Bali on the world map for destination dining.
- Fashionistas will love our location in the heart of Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here you can indulge in stylish, globally-inspired restaurants, chic boutiques and hip bars and restaurants – including the world famous beach-clubs, Ku Dé Ta, Potato Head and Cocoon; and legendary restaurants La Lucciola, Metis, and Sarong. Too many bags to carry back? No worries! Check our complimentary shuttles chedule.
- Excite the kids with a visit to nearby Waterbom Bali, which has 16 water slides (including the Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Night owls can stroll down the road to Dhyana Pura, famed for its nightclubs where you can dance ‘til dawn and make a night to remember – or forget!
- Learn the secrets of much-loved, traditional Balinese recipes when you join our chef for a half-day cooking class, with the option of an early morning visit to a colourful traditional market to hand pick the freshest island herbs, fruits and vegetables. The class includes breakfast and lunch and will give you a fascinating insight into the island’s exotic cuisine.
- If you’ve always dreamed of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Horse riding tours can be arranged at nearby Mesari Stables, with a good selection of well-trained horses with varying temperaments, energies and sizes to suit all ages and levels of experience.